How to Grow Methi (Fenugreek) at Home Garden
How to Grow Methi (Fenugreek) at Home Garden and Growing Tips Every Gardener Should Know.
Methi (Fenugreek) is one of the most consumed leafy vegetables across the World and its easy to grow in every home.
Common Names: Methi, Fenugreek, methya, menthya, vendayam
Number of Seeds: Approximately 350 seeds for 10 grams
Germination Time: 2 to 3 days
Harvest Time : 21 to 30 Days
Methi (Fenugreek) is easy to grow in any type of vegetable garden
- All Seasonal.
- The right type of soil is very important as nutrition’s are required for the growth of the plant.
- Mix of soil requires red soil, Vermicompost and Coco peat in respective ratios (40: 40: 20). Also add handful of Neem cake to each pot to keep the soil pest free.
- Take Container/Grow bag with minimum 6-inch height.
- Preferably 12X6 Or 18X6 inch Grow bags or even bigger as per requirement
How to Sow:
- Sow your seeds 12-14 cm apart at a depth of 1⁄2inch (1.3 cm).
- Keep soil moist to speed germination and encourage quick growth.
- Sow the 1-2 seeds per pit.
- Water regularly.
- Seedling takes place within 4-6 days from the date of sowing.
- Methi (Fenugreek) needs at least 2 to 3 hours Sunlight
- Check the plants regularly and spray neem oil and Panchagavya to keep the insects away.
- Add handful of compost for every 10-15 days for each pot to make sure soil has enough nutrition’s to grow plants.
- Harvesting of Methi (Fenugreek) can start after 3 to 4 weeks of sowing.
- Do not wait too long to harvest or wait for larger leaves; bitterness will set in quickly after maturity.
- Methi (Fenugreek) Its not multi cut, to harvest you need to takeout along with roots and to regrow you need to sow the seeds again and repeat the cycle.
- Methi can also be consumed as Microgreens
- Harvesting time of microgreens is 8-12 days
- Harvesting of Micro greens once seedlings are 3 to 4 inches tall and have two set of leaf’s