Red Amaranth seeds
Amaranth Red(Koya Thotakura) (400 Seeds)
Amaranth Red(Koya Thotakura) Non-Hybrid Seeds.
Weight: 5 grams.
Number of Seeds per 5 grams: 400 approximately
Germination : 60% (Min)
Physical Purity : 98% (Min)
Genetic Purity : 98% (Min)
Harvest Time : 45-60 days
Amaranth Red(Thotakoora) Cultivation Tips:
Also known as Chaulai Sag/ Mullu Keerai/Cheera
Spinach is easy to grow in any type of vegetable garden.
- Though Amaranth prefers a mild climate and will not do well in extremely hot temperatures, it does like full sun.
- It can be grown well in all kind of soil.
- The Optimum pH range between 6.5 and 7.0.
- Sow your seeds 12-14 cm apart at a depth of 1⁄2inch (1.3 cm).
- Keep soil moist to speed germination and encourage quick growth
- Sow the 2-3 seeds per pit and thin the seedlings to 1.
- Water regularly.
- Seedling takes place within 4-6 days from the date of sowing.
- Harvesting of Amaranth can start after 6 to 8 weeks of sowing.
- Don’t wait too long to harvest, or wait for larger leaves; bitterness will set in quickly after maturity.