Dolichos Creeper(Theega Chikkudu) (15 Seeds)
Dolichos (Creeper)/Indian Beans Non-Hybrid.
Weight: 5 grams.
Number of Seeds per 5 grams: 10-15 approximately
Germination : 70% (Min)
Physical Purity : 98% (Min)
Genetic Purity : 98% (Min)
Harvest Time : 90 days
Dolichos (Creeper) / Indian Beans/Theega Chikkudu
Also known as Choli / Teega/Pandiri Chikkudu / Ponchee Kai/ Achinga
- Basically this is a cool season crop.
- It can be grown well in all kind of soil. But sandy loam and clay-loam are best for its cultivation.
- The Optimum pH range up to 8.5.
- Gourds should be planted outdoors in full sunlight, with plenty of space to sprawl. Even it can be grown in pots as well.
- Seed should be sown in 1 cm drills and covered with soil.
- Sow the 3-4 seeds per pit and thin the seedlings to 2/ pit.
- Seedling takes place within 10 to 14 days from the date of sowing.
- Harvesting of Bottle gourd can start after 90 days of sowing